HAPPY Holi everyone !!
Anyone left with those last minute prep for holi and you are all confused about what to make for friends and family ..
Here’s an easy peasy recipe for the late latifs 🙈🙈
The festival of colours, HOLI is here which is celebrated with utmost enthusiasm and zeal.
And when we are all set for Holi, thandai is something which cannot be missed at any cost.
After trying out some thandai malai kulfi, I was left with a batch of thandai powder and I thought of giving a try to some delectable thandai cupcakes and voila it came out equally amazing with awesome flavours. .
Let’s check out the recipe without much delay !!
PREPARATION TIME : 5 minutes
BAKING TIME : 35 minutes
All purpose flour (Maida) – 1 cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Condensed milk – 3/4 cup
Olive oil – 4 tbsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Thandai powder – 2 tbsp
For garnishing – silvered almonds and dried rose petals.
For greasing – oil
For dusting – all purpose flour
1. Preheat the oven @180 degree for ten minutes.
2. Line the silicon cups with cupcake liners.
3. In a bowl, mix all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, thandai powder and salt.
4. In another bowl, mix together condensed milk, olive oil and essence.
5. Mix the wet and dry ingredients. Do not over mix.
6. Add water if required, to make a ribbon consistency batter.
7. Spoon the batter in the cups.
8. Sprinkle the almonds and petals.
9. Bake for 18-20 minutes or till done.
10. Insert a toothpick and check for doneness.
11. Let the cupcakes cool on the wire rack.
Serve warm or cold… .
1. Cake can be made two days in advance.
2. Do not over mix the batter or the cupcakes will be dense, will not rise well and will stick to the side of your mouth.
3. You can use butter also for making the cake.
4. You can bake a cake as well at 180 degree for 30 minutes or till done. .