EAT CLEAN – BE HAPPY
Its February 27th, NATIONAL PROTEIN DAY, 2020
Did you have your share of protein today?
Everytime you start your meal, make sure one-fourth of your plate is filled PROTEIN.
Protein is very crucial to health.
It plays a key role in the creation and maintenance of every cell in our bodies. It fuels our cells and powers our bodies
Daily protein intake plays a role in keeping your cells in good shape and should be part of your daily health maintenance plan.”
I made this amazing Kashmiri style kidney beans with turnips – RAJMA GOGJI.
This is a no onion no garlic recipe which can be made in a giffy.
I am totally in love with this easy peasy recipe and the dollop of ghee added while serving, adds just amazing flavours to the dish.
Serve hot with rice, onions and some chillies.
My dinner is sorted ❤️
Why your body needs protein
1. Protein helps in building block of bones, muscles, cartilage and skin. In fact, your hair and nails are comprised mostly of protein.
2. Our body uses it to build and repair tissue.
3. Red blood cells contain a protein compound that carries oxygen throughout the body. This helps supply your entire body with the nutrients it needs.
4. About half the dietary protein that you consume each day goes into making enzymes, which aids in digesting food, and making new cells and body chemicals.
5. Protein plays an important role in hormone regulation, especially during the transformation and development of cells during puberty.
How protein can help you stay in shape?
Eating high-protein foods has many fitness benefits, including:
• Speeding recovery after exercise and/or injury
• Reducing muscle loss
• Building lean muscle
• Helping maintain a healthy weight
• Curbing hunger
Waldeck points out another benefit of protein — it fills you up faster.
“Protein plus fiber keeps us full longer, which means you don’t feel the urge to eat as often. This helps keep weight down while fueling our cells with the right nutrients they need.”
Adapted Google 🌍
1.5 cup – Rajma, kidney beans, soaked overnight
4 – Turnip, thick slices
3 tbsp – mustard oil
2 tbsp – Kashmiri red chilli powder
1/2 tbsp – turmeric powder
1/2 tsp – ginger, grated
1 tbsp – amchur
1/4 tbsp – hing
3 cup – water
Coriander leaves and a dollop of ghee
2. Add the sliced turnip and fry them till golden.
3. Remove from cooker and keep aside.
4. In a bowl, add chilli powder, turmeric, ginger and amchur. Add water, mix and make a paste.
5. In the same cooker, add hing to the leftover oil.
6. Add the spice paste and cook till oil separates.
7. Add salt, water and the soaked rajma.
8. Cook till 4-5 whistles or till done.
9. Add the fried turnips.
10. Simmer till the turnips are fully cooked.
11. Remove in a bowl and add a big dollop of ghee while serving which adds to the flavour. Garnish with coriander leaves.
12. Serve hot with rice.
Hope you liked my recipe.
Do drop in your feedbacks and suggestions in the comment section below.
Do share your pictures of the recipe tried from the website and Do not forget to tag us.
Reach us at any of our social media handles –
Also, subscribe to the website to receive the recipes in your mailbox.
Thank you so much for visiting us.