HOW TO MAKE SAMVAT KE CHAWAL KI KHICHADI?
HOW TO MAKE FALHARI KHICHDI?
HOW TO MAKE VRAT KI KHICHDI?
Samvat ke chawal also known as barnyard millet is usually consumed during fasts.
It is very healthy and can be given to the kids as well. Even though this millet is very bland in taste but with the addition of spices you will fall in love with the taste gradually.
Lets check the recipe here –
You can also check the recipe for samvat ke chawal ki kheer and samovar ke chawal ka halwa.
1 cup – barnyard millet
2.5 cup – water + water for soaking
2 – tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup – carrot, chopped
1 – large potato, diced
1 tsp – cumin seeds
2 – green chillies, chopped
1/4 tsp – ginger, grated
seendha namak, as per taste
3 tbsp – ghee
1 tbsp – lemon juice
coriander leaves, finely chopped
1. Soak the millet in water for about 2 hours.
2. Heat ghee in a cooker. Add cumin seeds and let them crackle.
3. Add ginger and chillies. SautÃ© well. Add tomatoes and cook till mushy.
4. Stir in the carrot and potatoes. Mix in the salt and lemon juice.
5. Finally add the soaked millets and water. Close the lid and let it cook for 4 whistles.
- Serve hot with vrat wali sabji and raita.
Hope you liked my recipe.
Do drop in your feedbacks and suggestions in the comment section below.
Do share your pictures of the recipe tried from the website and Do not forget to tag us.
Reach us at any of our social media handles –
Also, subscribe to the website to receive the recipes in your mailbox.
Thank you so much for visiting us.