Thandai is an Indian festive drink, a must have during Maha Shivratri and Holi. THANDI, the word itself represents thand which means cool. Its a cool and refreshing drink prepared with a mixture of dry nuts and flavored with fragrant spices. So here I’ve made this easy and quick homemade thandai masala which makes your job way too easier. You just need to mix the powder with a glass of chilled milk. Mix in well and your thandai is ready to be served.
- almonds – 1/2 cup
- cashew nuts – 1/2 cup
- melon seeds – 2 tbsp
- poppy seeds – 2 tbsp
- dried rose petals – 2 tbsp
- whole black pepper – 20 nos
- fennel seeds – 2 tbsp
- cardamon seeds – 20 nos
- saffron – 1/2 tsp
- mace – 2 strands (optional)
- Dry roast the almonds, cashews, melon seeds, poppy seeds and rose petals separately.
- Add all the ingredients in a jar, except saffron, and grind to a smooth fine powder.
- Dry roast the saffron strands in a pan till crisp. Crush and mix the saffron to the powder.
- Your homemade thandai masala powder is ready. Use as you like it.