Holi is round the corner and everyone must be busy preparing their favorite delicacies. I tried my hands on the thandai masala powder and it came out just too perfect. A small batch was left out so i thought why not give it a try and these lovely kulfis is what the outcome was.
Summers have already begun in a few places and the festive season calls for these yummy thandai based kulfi. What else do you want. Though kulfi is similar to ice-cream, but is more creamier and dense. Its prepared by slow cooking flavored milk until it reduces and thickens similar to rabri. Here goes the recipe.
- milk – 3 litres
- sugar – 1/4 cup or more
- thandai masala powder – 2 tbsp
- chopped nuts
- Heat the milk in a heavy bottomed pan and boil it.
- Once the milk boils, lower the heat and keep stirring it.
- Let the milk to boil in the low heat till the quantity reduces to almost more than half.
- Now stir in the sugar and let it dissolve completely.
- Add the thandai masala powder and mix well.
- Let it cool and add in the nuts.
- Pour this mixture in earthen pots or plastic moulds.
- Seal them and freeze overnight or for almost 18 hours.
- Enjoy these kulfi to beat the heat.
- Keep stirring the milk as it reduces so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.