Winter calls for yummy and piping hot Pav bhaji and specially when it comes along with so many fresh vegetables, its like taste bhi health bhi …
And when its Pav bhaji, how can you forget fresh homemade Pav buns 😄
I always end up using the readymade ones but today I so badly wanted to serve the homemade buns.
But but but I did not have enough time to let the dough rise 🙁
Had Gayathri Kumar’s recipe in mind – the 40 minutes burger bun recipe, but in vain. Her site had some issues and I was left with no hopes.
Finally, a thought crossed my mind. Why not make some using the recipe from scratch with no letting the dough rise. Let’s just try 🤔 and voila they came out so amazing. Do give it a try and let me know.
PREPARATION TIME – 75 MINUTES
BAKING TIME – 20 MINUTES
MAKES – 11 PIECES, MEDIUM SIZED
All purpose flour/ Maida – 2 cups
Butter – 4 tsp
Warm Milk – 1 cup
Milk powder – 1 1/2 tbsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1 tbsp
Instant yeast – 2 tsp
Milk and butter for brushing.
1. In a bowl, add all purpose flour, milk powder, salt, sugar and yeast. Mix well. Add warm milk and knead it to a dough.
2. The dough will be sticky. But do not add any flour.
3. Add the butter and knead well for 15 mins till it becomes smooth and soft, easy to handle.
4. Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl and cover it. Let it rest for in a warm place for 10 minutes.
6. Place it on a smooth surface and knead for another 10 mins.
7. Divide the dough into equal portions and shape them as you wish to.
8. Grease a baking tray and arrange them as shown in the picture.
9. Cover the baking tray with a damp cloth and let it rest for around 45 minutes. They will rise up as shown below.
10. Preheat the oven at 200c at convection mode. Brush the buns with milk and bake for 15 mins or till the top is brown in color.
11. When done, remove the tray from oven and brush some butter on the buns.
YOUR HOMEMADE PAVS ARE READY TO ENJOY WITH SOME PIPPING HOT PAV BHAJI AND TEA !!!
- When kneading the dough, do not add any additional flour or oil. Just knead for sometime and the dough will turn soft and smooth.
- If using dry yeast, use 3 tsp of it.
- You can always go for half wheat flour and half all purpose flour.
HAPPY EATING !!
Hope you liked my recipe!!
Do drop in your feedback in the comment section below.
You can also checkout my Facebook page at – https://www.facebook.com/foodnspoons and do not forget to click the ‘like’button.
Do share your pictures of the recipe tried from the website.
THANK YOU SO MUCH:))