METHI KE PARATHE – needs no introduction !!
A must at home during winters, when fenugreek leaves are in abundance. Its also one of my favorite specially when mom makes them and serves garma garam (hot) with some ginger tea (makes me drool already), best goes with fresh curd, pickles, coriander chutney or simply ketchup. They can be made for breakfast or can be eaten as evening snack with tea…
It is a healthy option as compared to the plain parathas as they contains more of nutrients and also they are flavorful. Fenugreek has numerous health benefits which can help in your well being. So try including it in your diet more frequently.
You can also check this methi matar malai recipe, if you’re in search of more methi recipes…
PREPARATION TIME – 10 mins
COOKING TIME – 4 mins per paratha
MAKES – 10 medium sized parathas
- 2 cups – whole wheat flour (atta)
- 4 tbsp – gram flour (besan)
- 2 – green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 cup – fenugreek leaves, cleaned and finely chopped
- 2 tsp – refined oil/ ghee
- 1 tsp – cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp – turmeric powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp – red chilli powder (optional)
- warm water for kneading as reqd
- salt as per taste
- ghee for making parathas
- In a bowl, add in whole wheat flour, gram flour, chillies, methi leaves, oil and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add in little water at a time and knead a smooth soft dough.
- Make equal sized balls out of the dough.
- Heat a griddle and meanwhile dust the balls using little flour and roll into medium sized round chapatis.
- Place the rolled chapati and cook it for a bit, until the bubbles starts appearing.
- Flip the paratha and apply a little oil or ghee.
- Flip again and apply some oil on this side as well.
- Cook evenly on both the sides till golden brown in color.
- Serve them hot, warm or at room temperature.
- Add spices according to your preference.
- You can also add finely chopped onions or garlic.
Hope you liked my recipe.
Do drop in your feedback in the comment section below.
You can also checkout my Face book page @ foodnspoons and do not forget to click the ‘like’ button.
Do share your pictures of the recipe tried from the website.