How can any girl miss a chance to visit her parents house…
Like everyone, me too all excited even though it was just for two days. Carefree, lazy, excited – that’s what we daughters are, when home. It was awesome fun but the baker in me is ready to bake, be it at any hours 😀
My sister in law was craving (as she’s expecting soon) for some vanilla pound cake and the chocolate lover in me could not resist from using some chocolate ganache for the same.
So I quickly stirred up the cake ingredients and baked the cake in microwave convection mode, you can do the same in otg or cooker.
Made some chocolate ganache using milk as cream wasn’t available. Poured over the cake and all set.
Everyone was ready to attack the cake and as I quietly took the cake for some clicks, they were like %#$£€.
Hahahha how could I stop myself from clicking the beauty. Yes I had taken my cam too 😀
Everyone loved the cake. Few said sugar was less but for me it was perfectly fine. You can increase the quantity if you like it on the sweeter side.
So let’s bake some cake – here are the ingredients!!
I’ve included the recipes of chocolate ganache and condensed milk as well. So do check out.
PREPARATION TIME : 5 minutes
BAKING TIME : 35 minutes
All purpose flour (Maida) – 1 cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Condensed milk – 3/4 cup
Olive oil – 4 tbsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
For greasing – oil
For dusting – all purpose flour
1. Preheat the oven @180 degree for ten minutes.
2. Grease the baking dish and keep aside.
3. In a bowl, mix all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. In another bowl, mix together condensed milk, olive oil and essence.
5. Mix the wet and dry ingredients. Do not over mix.
6. Pour in the batter and bake for around 30-35 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
7. Let it cool on the wire rack.
You can serve the cake warm or just pour some chocolate ganache over it and relish every bite. It’s finger licking good !!
1. Cake can be made two days in advance.
2. Do not over mix the batter or the cake will be dense, will not rise well and will stick to the side of your mouth.
3. You can use butter also for making the cake.
Hope you liked my recipe.
Do drop in your feedback in the comment section below.
You can also checkout my Face book page @ foodnspoons and do not forget to click the ‘like’ button.
Do share your pictures of the recipe tried from the website.