I’m so crazy about making chocolate flavoured cakes that I almost always end up making the same over and over. But this time I restricted myself and finally made this awesome chocolate coconut cake which had such amazing flavours that I could not stop myself from re-filling my plate. Finally I had to keep the cake at a distance from me
I wanted to try the concept of naked cakes hence, tried minimum icing and loved the outcome !!
A naked cake is basically the one with no or minimum outer layer of frosting displaying the cake’s texture and filling. It is perfect for the beginners who are not sure about their decorating skills and also if you are in short of frosting, naked cake comes to your rescue.
I plan to try out more in the near future. Do give your feedback about naked cakes.
HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT YEAR AHEAD !!
All purpose flour – 1 1/2 cup
Baking soda – 3/4 tsp
Brown sugar – 1 cup or little less
Oil – 1/2 cup
Yogurt – 3/4 cup
Milk – 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence – 1 tbsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Dark chocolate, grated – 1/2 cup
Coconut, grated – 1/2 cup
1. Pre-heat the oven @180 degree for 10 minutes.
2. Grease baking dish and keep aside.
3. In a bowl, sift all purpose floor, baking soda and salt.
4. In another bowl, mix sugar, oil, milk followed by essence.
5. Mix both the dry and wet ingredients.
6. Now add grated chocolate and coconut. Fold gently.
7. Pour in the batter and bake for around 35-40 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
8. Let it cool on the wire rack.
VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
100 GMs – softened butter
200 GMs – icing sugar
1 tbsp – milk
1 tsp – vanilla essence
1. In a bowl, beat butter and essence.
2. Gradually add sugar, little at a time. Best well on medium speed. Scrape the sides often.
3. Slowly add milk as the icing will appear dry.
4. Beat at a medium speed till fluffy.
5. Once the frosting is of the desired consistency, put into the icing bag with the desired nozzle.
6. There you are ready to pipe the beautiful cake for Christmas
Decorate it as you wish.
- Cake can be made two days in advance.
- Do not over mix the batter or the cake will be dense, will not rise well and will stick to the side of your mouth.
- You can use butter also for making the cake.
- Use color and essence as per your choice, in the frosting
- Refrigerate if the buttercream melts.
- If you’ve added more milk in the frosting, then you can adjust the consistency by adding icing sugar. put into icing bags with nozzle of your choice and pipe away.
Hope you liked my recipe!!
Do drop in your feedback in the comment section below.
You can also checkout my Face book page @ foodnspoons and do not forget to click the ‘like’ button.
Do share your pictures of the recipe tried from the website.