Not sure about what to make this Valentine’s Day, for your loved ones ??
Do not want to go with the usual red theme ??
Why not choose for green and pink this time??
Come let’s bake some cake with the flavours of cardamom and a crunch of pista along with some raspberry buttercream frosting… I know that sounds drool some. In fact the thought still makes me crave for more 😀
Make your partner feel special with this one ❤️
HAPPY VALENTINE’s DAY
PREPARATION TIME : 5 minutes
BAKING TIME : 20-25 minutes
- 1 cup – all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup – thick yogurt
- 1/4 cup – water
- 1/3 cup – oil or unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup – powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp – cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup – pistachio, ground coarsely
- 1/2 tsp – baking powder
- 1/4 tsp – baking soda
- 1/2 tsp – vanilla essence
- 2-3 drops of green color
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree for 10 minutes.
- Grease and dust the baking dish and keep aside.
- Sieve together all purpose flour, cardamom powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, add sugar and oil. Beat well till smooth.
- Add strained yogurt, essence and the green color. Mix well.
- Now add in the dry ingredients, one tbsp at a time and also add water 1 tbsp at a time.
- Keep folding the mixture till you have added all the dry ingredients and water. Do not over mix the batter. Pour in the batter and bake for around 20-25 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. Let it cool on the wire rack.
RASPBERRY BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- 100 gms – softened butter
- 200 gms – confectioners/icing sugar
- 1 tbsp – milk a drop of pink gel color
- 1 tsp – raspberry oil/essence
- In a bowl, beat butter and essence with a beater or a whisk till light and fluffy.
- Gradually add sugar, little at a time.
- Best well on medium speed.
- Scrape the sides often.
- Slowly add milk as the icing will appear dry.
- Beat at a medium speed till fluffy.
- Once the frosting is of the desired consistency, put into the icing bag with the desired nozzle.
- There you are ready to pipe your beautiful cake.
- Cake can be made two days in advance.
- Do not over mix the batter or the cake will be dense, will not rise well and will stick to the side of your mouth.
- Baking time may vary.
- Do not over mix the batter or the cake will be dense, will not rise well and will be sticky.
- Use color and essence as per your choice.
- Refrigerate if the buttercream melts.
- If you’ve added more milk, then you can adjust the consistency by adding icing sugar.
Hope you liked my recipe.
Do drop in your feedback in the comment section below.
You can also checkout my Face book page @ foodnspoons and do not forget to click the ‘like’ button.
Do share your pictures of the recipe tried from the website.